The KAOSS PAD series lets you control the effect entirely from the touch-pad in realtime. Different effect parameters are assigned to the X-axis and Y-axis of the touch-pad and can be controlled simultaneously, meaning that you can vary the delay time and the feedback at the same time, or simultaneously change the cutoff and resonance of a filter. This means that complex effect operations that otherwise would require two hands on a conventional knob-based controller can be performed easily and intuitively with just one hand. It抯 also easy to apply complex effects by rubbing or tapping the pad with your fingertip as though you were playing a musical instrument.
The mini-KP features the smallest body in the KAOSS PAD series. It can be operated on batteries, and provides a strap attachment hole for easy portability. This means that you can now use the KAOSS PAD series' unique and intuitive one-finger operation with a wide range of instruments or sound sources, in an even greater variety of situations. Here are some examples:
- DJ practice at home, or DJ performance in a club
- Performance with synthesizers or other instruments (indoor or outdoor)
- Listening to your portable audio player, or using your portable audio player to rehearse a DJ mix for a party (indoor or outdoor)
The mini-KP contains a total of one hundred effects, many derived from the larger KP3, including filter, delay, and a looper, covering a wide range of musical styles. There is a "low/high-band pass filter" that lets you cut specific frequency ranges of sound to add variety to a song, a "decimator" that intentionally degrades the audio quality of the input to give unique impact to the sound, a much-requested "delay & reverb" combination effect, a "looper & pitch shifter" that captures and repeats incoming audio, retuning it in real-time as the pad is manipulated, synth sounds derived from the KP3 and many more effects that can dramatically transform the sound.
Those are for natural-sounding effect transitions within a song. You can use the "TAP/BPM button" to detect the BPM (tempo) and synchronize the mini-KP to an audio input source, and then take advantage of the many BPM effects that are synchronized to your song or performance. There is also an "FX RELEASE" function that lets the effect sound decay gradually when you remove your finger from the pad or change effects. This makes it easy to blend the mini-KP its effects into your performances and songs.
The "Hold" function lets you fix the effect settings at a given moment, and memory keys that remember your favorite settings. When you are touching the pad to apply an effect, you can use the "Hold" function to "freeze" the effect settings at any desired point. There is also a Memory Key function that lets you memorize the selected effect program, the Hold function on/off status, and the effect depth. This lets you store your favorite effect settings for instant recall anytime, so you can boldly use effects to transform the character of your songs or performances.
- Intuitive touch-pad interface gives you fingertip effect control in real-time.
- The smallest body in the KAOSS PAD series.
- Battery operation and a carrying strap make it an ideal choice for any scene.
- One hundred effects including filter, delay, and looper meet the needs of any musical style.
- Numerous BPM effects are provided. You can use the "TAP/BPM button" to synchronize the mini-KP to your song tempo, and apply a wide range of effects to your music.
- "FX RELEASE" function provides a natural decay when changing effects or removing your finger from the pad.
- Hold function lets you memorize the position at which you touched the touch-pad when you release your finger.
- Use the two memory keys A and B to store your favorite effect program settings, including the effect depth and the Hold on/off status.