Do not be deceived of the design. It may look the same as the PDX series from the past, but nothing comparable. With its new features, the PDX-3000 gives you absolute control over the vinyl.
In addition of the traditional pitch control and ultra pitch, a torque simulator system is built in to adjust the motors torque power to the DJs preference, allowing you to scratch but also mix with the PDX-3000 like no other turntable before!
The PDX-3000 is also the world?fs first turntable to have MIDI connection, which enables external MIDI devices to control the pitch. This is a shared feature with ControlOne.
Stability is a known virtue of the PDX series, and is the same for the PDX-3000. Vestax's original Anti Skipping Tone Arm System (A.S.T.S) provides sufficient performance for DJs who juggle and scratch. For many DJs familiar to straight arm Djing, the PDX-3000 is your perfect choice. Torque simulator system
This new system enables DJs to adjust the rotation torque of the motor to their preference. This changes the characteristic of the pitch control, the touch of when slowing down the platter with your finger and when twisting forward with the spindle, especially when mixing.
The motor characteristic of which a scratch DJ and a mix DJ ask for is absolutely different. The most distinctive difference is the required servo characteristic of the motor.
DJs into scratching and turntablism need to have the motor always at a constant speed rate to keep the rhythm and pitch steady, no matter how hard they spin.
On the other hand, DJs who are into the mix need to be able to finely adjust the pitch by touching the platter. And for all DJs, the motor must have a starting torque which immediately reaches the constant speed rate.
Vestax has sampled and digitally simulated these various servo characteristics, and as a worlds first feature, has made it adjustable with one little rotary knob. The torque simulator is a new feature which enables DJs to use the PDX-3000 for any style they wish.
With the 3000, mixing and scratching is easier than any other while being able to scratch like no other turntable with the same PDX motor and features. Break control
To adjust the stopping speed of the platter Pitch Control
Standard +/-10% pitch control and +/-50% pitch control, so combined the maximum pitch adjustment is +/- 60%.The pitch control fader is slightly heavier than the previous PDX series for fine adjustment and advanced accuracy. The quartz lock button is turned off when the power is turned on. Direct Drive Engine
Vestax?fs original DC direct drive motor obeys accurately to the electric signals sent to the circuit. The platter is screwed down to the spindle to prevent it from slipping toward the rotation direction.
The PDX-3000?'s direct drive DC motor has powerful torque and reaches a constant speed rate within 0.5 seconds from pushing the start/stop button. An extremely precise regulator is required to accurately control such a motor, and with the PDX-3000 it is digitally (32bit CPU) controlled with a digital servo. This servo keeps the motor rotating no matter how heavily the pitch is changed, reverse button is pushed or the platter is pulled back. The platter completely obeys the motors movement by having it screwed down to the spindle of the motor. World first: MIDI
The MIDI input connection on the PDX-3000 combine?fs analog with digital, allowing external MIDI devices to control the rotation speed and sparking DJs with new ideas. Adjustable Tone Arm
Adjustable tone arm base The arm base of the PDX 3000 is constructed with a rubber cushioning to absorb unneeded vibrations which come from the body. This rubber cushioning is also applied to protect the body from feedback.
Ideally, the tone arm height should be adjusted so that it is horizontal to the vinyl. Although, certain DJs (especially turntablists) will set the arm base to a higher position and add more needle pressure so the needle doesn?ft skip in any condition. The tone arm base of the PDX-3000 comes with a scale, which helps the DJ to set the arm height to his/her preference at all times. Strong Body Material
The ultra strong foamed ABS plastic that constructs the body is advanced in durability, strong against feed back and is highly resistant to impact. Air Suspension Insulators
The insulators (the feet) are filled with rubber for absorbing shock, and have airspace inside for better feedback absorbent.
Motor: Direct Drive DC Motor
Starting Torque: 2.7kg/cm
Starting Time: 0.5sec (33 1/3 rpm)
Wah Flatter: 0.07% W.R.M.S.
Torque: Digital torque simulator
Tone Arm : ASTS stright tone arm
Size: 454(W) x 162(H) x 365(D)mm