turntables question need help
  English Topics, DO NOT reply in other languages than English !  

Junaid    posted on 04-05-2006 07:14

can some pls help me with the following

a) turntables with maganetic cartridges requring RIAA equalisation, what does that mean ? what are non RIAA turntables?

technics 1200 with ortofon white electro catridges will fall in which category ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Lead    posted on 04-05-2006 09:51
A turntable just got to have the RIAA filtering. This has got to do with the way a record is pressed and all the way frequencies are handled during pressing.

To make the vinyl hold all frequencies different frequencies are amplified on a different way, this is what the RIAA filter does. The only way to go around this is to buy a turntable that has got a signal level output (like those OEM players).
Let the BASS be louder
Junaid    posted on 04-05-2006 10:59

Thanks buddy

 the reason i ask this is because , in the manual for the x one 92 it says " rca phono plug in turntables with magnetic cartridges requiring riaa equlisation. For non riaa  turntables plug in the line input instead "

any commecnts

Lead    posted on 04-05-2006 15:15
RCA Phono plug is the name of the connector type.

This type of connecter is used for connection of almost all consumer audio products. This means that you can connect the Phono output of a turntable to the phone input and the line output (if available) to any line input.

Let the BASS be louder

  This is an old Topic

No new postings for 5.616 days.
 Post CommentThat would be 187.2 months
or a whopping 15.4 years
You might consider opening a new topic or reply anyway by pressing the green button...

154 Users online: 8 Guests (146 Unknown)*
Pages generated today : 21.912
Most users online this month : 265
Lifetime Pageviews : 191.317.232